At a conference some time ago I was asked a question on enabled options on reports in an APEX application with regards what built-in functions should be enabled for the users.
When I started thinking about the topic, I realised that the answer isn’t as simple as it seems so did some research on the topic. I wanted to also take the opportunity to summarise what the built-in reporting options are in APEX and how they can be configured.
In the presentation, I look in to the following topics:
- How to go about creating a report in APEX
- What different types of built in reports are available
- How do you configure reports to customise the functionality and appearance
- What are the most common problems seen with reports in APEX
- What can we do about handling those issues and preventing them from occurring in the first place.
Paul is a Development Consultant at Explorer. Paul has a BSc in Computing from the University of Leeds and is now building on considerable experience in development and support using Oracle PL/SQL and Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS). Paul is employing APEX to provide quality, bespoke software solutions both internally and to a range of organisations.