Last December at Tech 18 and then again at this year’s UKOUG Midlands Tech Event, I gave a presentation (including live demos) on how to create and consume Web Services in APEX.
I have been asked on several occasions if I could publish a recording of the presentation, so here it is. The video includes the full presentation and the live demonstrations I gave.
It briefly covers the following areas.
- The structure of Oracle Web Services and how to access them.
- Creating Web Services with the ORDS API and protecting with the OAUTH API.
- The updated APEX RESTful Services Interface and how to use it to create / protect Web Services.
- Using Postman to test.
- How to create reports and charts over Web Services using Web Source Modules.
- How to use REST enabled SQL to run SQL queries on a remote database as the source for reports and charts.
Colin is a Senior Development Consultant at Explorer with 20 years experience of analysis, design and development of bespoke Oracle applications for a wide variety of business functions. Building on his previous experience of Forms and PL/SQL he is now focusing on developing high quality fit for purpose solutions using APEX.